A simple and cooperative game that promotes gross motor as well as fine motor development, including eye-hand coordination and bilateral coordination. Toddlers and even school agers enjoy and benefit from playing with a ball and a beanbag! Perhaps you will discover the science of physics happening when you play this game. Try it out!
- Gather group of children in a circle.
- Place a beanbag on top of inflated ball.
- With two hands, shoulder width apart, hold ball at arm’s length in front of you.
- Drop, DO NOT PUSH, the ball.
- When the ball hits the ground, the beanbag “jumps” into the air.
- Encourage whoever is near the beanbag to catch it before it touches the ground. (Of course, toddlers love to run and retrieve it and bring it back to you to “do it again, do it again!”)
- Whoever catches the beanbag has the next turn.